what can i do?

my concieve date was november 15...i didnt have a clue i was pregnant so i went to the doctors to get on birth control on december 11....they never said anything to me about being pregnant not even sure if they gave me a pregnancy test WHICH IT IS BASIC PROCEDURE TO GIVE A PREGNANCY TEST WHEN GOING FOR BIRTH CONTROL...i found out i was pregnant on january 21...can i get them in trouble because they did not go by basic procedure and because of that i was not taking care of myself like i should have?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• why would you seek to get them in trouble? you are not even sure you took a pregnancy test you are only assuming you did. maybe you should find out if a test is in your records from that appointment. most women dont even know they are pregnant till about 8 weeks anyways. the big concern is finidng out if your birth control can have harmed the baby
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• No it isn't basic procedure where I live. They ask you if there is any way you could be pregnant and that's about it! That's your own fault, and NO you can't get them into trouble. Grow up and accept your own consequences!
    Anonymous

• If you already have a prescription and you went to them to have it renewed, then it is not necessary for them to give you a pregnancy test. They probably asked you if you were pregnant or not. Of course you did not know and so you probably answered no. You are in your body and should know what is going on. BTW, it costs extra for a pregnancy test at the doctor's office. Usually you pee in a cup or have blood drawn. You'd remember, believe me. What concerns me is that you are looking to get them "in trouble" for not doing a pregnancy test. Your statement is why most doctors have high medical malpractice costs. What I would be asking the doctor is if the medication you were taking might affect the baby.

sonnalynn

Answer by sonnalynn at 3:40 PM on Feb. 6, 2010