If you have an IUD will you feel it if it were to come out?

I had paragard placed monday and I was just wondering if it were to come out if I would feel anything. I know you are supposed to be able to feel threads but I am not feeling those. I am not sure how short my dr cut them. I want to make sure I didn't miss it falling out or something. Any information will be very helpful! Thanks!

Bella3113

Asked by Bella3113 at 3:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Health

• I had mirena.... I didn't feel it come out, but I assume it did because I got pregnant and they never found it (I had a c-section)
    Anonymous

• You should definatly be abnle to feel the string. IF you can locate your cervix, you should be able to find it. Im not sure if it can fall out,, but mine moved into the muscle wall & caused extreme pain. Some experts say the string eventually shrivels up, but I disagree that the fishstring-like material can do this. Keep feeling for it. If you are uncertain, call & talk to the doc
    Anonymous