What had you never heard of until you joined Cafemom?

I never knew about breastfeeding nazis, cosleeping, extended rear facing, the sahm vs working mom wars, or how mean moms could be to each other!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• There's not much I haven't heard of before cafemom lol, but I honestly never knew there were SO many older Twilight/vampire fiction fans lol! I thought I was in the minority.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• This sounds rude, but I never realized how many people have trouble with correct spelling/punctuation.
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 3:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• A DivaCup. Not only had a never heard of it, I was SHOCKED to learn what it was, as I'd never heard of one of those, either!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 3:37 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I never realized how many "interesting" (for lack of pc word) women there were out there. Not know who the father of your child is??? Having how many kids by how many men??? How many teenagers actually think that it is no big deal to get pregnant. How many women have babies with men who are not worth spitting on.

I was heartbroken to find out these things are real...... and how many women make these horrid life choices.

Anonymous

• -DIVA CUP(LOL I NEVER HEARD OF IT TO TILL CAFEMOM)
    -EATING CLEAN
    -PEOPLE WHO HAVE OVER 4 KIDS AND THERE HUSBAND BEEN OUT OF A JOB FOR A FEW MONTHS YET THEY HAVE A LAPTOP AND INTERNET,GET THERE NAILS DONE AND HAIR DID AND GO TO THE GYM LMAO
    -PEOPLE THAT ARE ON PA -AND REALLY DONT NEED IT
    -PEOPLE WHO DONT VACCINATE
    -PEOPLE WHO BREAST FEED THERE KID TILL THERE 3
    -REUSABLE PADS
    -VINEGAR AND WATER CLEANERS -MY NEW LOVE
    -CRY IT OUT
    -WOMEN WHO HAVE BABIES FOR MORE THAN 2 DIFFERENT MEN
    I CAN GO ON AND ON
    Anonymous

• Calling the Vagina a Vjaja, or some crap like that.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:53 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Hahaha bootsky---me too! I had already heard of all the things you listed OP, but I didn't know how mean some lactivists were to mothers who don't nurse.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Wow, i must have missed the diva cup memo. I'm still in the dark. Anyone want to clue me in??
    Anonymous

• "I never realized how many "interesting" (for lack of pc word) women there were out there. Not know who the father of your child is??? Having how many kids by how many men??? How many teenagers actually think that it is no big deal to get pregnant. How many women have babies with men who are not worth spitting on.

I was heartbroken to find out these things are real...... and how many women make these horrid life choices."

Amen! I was really surprised by this as well.
    Anonymous

• I was shocked to learn that women are breastfeeding their preschoolers and beyond.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2010