How much do I need to pack for the baby's hospital bag?

Should I bring onsies and gowns for him to wear while we are in the hospital. Of course I know to bring a going home outfit but what about while we are there??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Anything you would want him/her to have while there. I always take socks, onsies, some heavier blankets, going home outfit etc. most everything else like diapers and wipes they'll provide and then charge you later for...lol ugh.
    Anonymous

• i took three onesies two sleepers,socks,tons of recieving blankets and a few spitup rags.....they provided most everything else. you could send someone back to the house if you forget something though
    lilsbiggestfan

Answer by lilsbiggestfan at 3:49 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I just bring what they are going home in and the going home blanket. They give everything else for the baby, blankets (they don't care how many you go through), diapers, t-shirts, hat, nose sucker, I never used anything I brought until it was time to go home and I had to take the baby out of the hospital's stuff.
    Anonymous

• After having my first 2 babies I realized all I truly needed was the going home outfit, and of course the carseat & blanket/snowsuit/etc. I didn't need anything else, our hospital provided everything, diapers, wipes, blankets, outfits, snot sucker, etc, and what they didn't provide there was in the gift bag - infant fingernail clipper, breast pads, samples of other diapers/wipes, even formula & bottles & diaper bags.
    Anonymous

• when i had a my child i relised i wasnt really ready with my bags packd, she decided to come 5weeks early, so pack 2 outfits one smaller and one bigger incase big or small baby, all newborn outfits arent really the same size unfornuailly. i have a melodys bear its the where they can hear your heartbeat basically its the best thing ever
    bobowazhere

Answer by bobowazhere at 8:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• If there is a specific type of binky/bottle you want to try for your baby, bring that. It's best to get them using it shortly after birth. I pack 2-3 onsies, 2-3 bibs, some burp clothes, a blanket, the carseat (obviously), formula (in case this hospital doesn't carry the kind we use), a bottle, brush/comb, socks/booties, scratch mittens, PJs, 2-3 caps, going home outfit... I didn't like leaving the babies in the white shirt, diaper, and rough blanket. I want the baby to get used to the comforts of home right away :)

I also agree with the PP about bringing different sizes. With my DS, the newborn clothes were really baggy. With DD, they fit just right. With this baby, I'll be bringing atleast 1 preemie onsie in case DD is small.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 8:29 AM on Feb. 7, 2010