• In the Spotlight:

Is there anyone here who thinks that teen motherhood isn't that big of a deal???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Sure, teen mom's who aren't old enough to get it yet
    Anonymous

• Coming from someone who was a teen mother, I think is a very big deal! How could you even fathom that its not?

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:57 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• it's not is.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 4:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I was a teen mom, It is a big deal. You make your own life harder than it has to be. You can still be a young parent and NOT be a teen mom. You miss out on so much. I wish I had went to college, gotten that experience. Now I never will get the experience of being fresh out of hs and going. Teen moms can be just as responsible and good as older moms, but at least the older ones had a chance to be young for themselves and not GROW UP WITH THEIR KIDS. which is generally what happens to teen moms, including myself.
    Anonymous

• Coming from ANOTHER once was teen mom- it is not a big deal, it is an astronomically HUGE deal. The ones who believe it is not, are the ones who become statistics.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• as the mother of a teen - it is a HUGE DEAL
    Anonymous

• I think the term teen mother is a bit off. I mean if you are nineTEEN you would be considered a teen mom by statistics. So is it possible the teen pregnancy and birth rate (because those are 2 different numbers) would drastically drop if we didn't include 18 and 19 year old women? In the United States, the 18 - 19 year-old age group has the highest rate of pregnancy. Young girls having babies is sad and no one should condone it...but to act like its a horrid tragedy that's plaguing our country is a bit off. I mean if there was never teen moms Obama wouldn't have been born, Wynonna Judd, Jean Baptiste Charbonneau, and so many more.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:15 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Absolutely a humongous amount of responsilbility ..far too much for a teenager.I became a mother at 19 yrs old and unwed The father stuck by and became a real daddy we are now married (16 yrs) and have 5 children.I can say without one doubt teenagers need to think of it as a enormous huge deal and not go there and MARRIAGE should come before babies.My husband and I are happy and have been extremely blessed to make it as far as we have.We are an exception NOT the rule..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I was a 19 when I got pregnant and I don't think it's that big of a deal. I think we need more programs to help teens make the right decisions but once a teen is pregnant, there' s no need in making it such an ordeal. I think because society makes it such a big deal that we put pressure on teen moms to either abort or give the baby up for adoption. I know that teen moms face many difficult challenges but it's really not that much of a big deal.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:22 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• When say dont go there I mean use the first choice to not engage in sex until marriage which is ideal and I know for some these days its asking too much because of the moral decline in society but it would make one a much bigger person to obstain and its way better for the self esteem.If a teen does go there for whaever reason that it just impossible not to :eye roll: (other then rape of course not her fault) then they should be using good protection and they can still get pregnant...our abortion rates are
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:24 PM on Feb. 6, 2010