Would you make your kids go hungry if they refused to eat what you cooked?

Or would you make them something else to eat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I do not make something else. Generally they give in and eat whatever it is. Also I don't usually cook something they all hate, so it is rare for them to not eat.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Neither. Children won't starve themselves. If they are really hungry they will eat the meal offered. Or they can wait until the next meal. And as for snack time in between meals, if they didn't eat the meal, it will be offered for snack, and next meal will be offered what every one else is eating. I don't think you should give in to kids because if you do they will realize what happens and start playing you.
    Anonymous

• yes... if they dont like it they can wait until breakfast.
    (btw... my kids are high school and middle school)
    Anonymous

• I do not make dd anything else. If she doesn't want to eat, that is her choice. This is not a restaurant. If she gets hungry later, she can eat what she left on her plate. I just pull it out of the fridge and place it right back in front of her. If she still doesn't eat, then she will just have to wait for the next meal.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 4:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I usually make stuff that everyone likes. If I make something new I make it as a side to whatever I usually make. If on the rare occasion my family did not like what I made then they were free to make a sandwich themselves. But that has been on the rare occasion.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• They understand that what I prepare for them is what they are expected to eat. If they do not eat, they were not hungry. Only a mentally ill individual will starve their self- children will eat when they are hungry. If they get up out of bed requesting food, when they did not eat their supper, they will generally eat what was for supper without complaint.

I am NOT a short order cook.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• What if you have a toddler that refuses to eat anything that you cook?
    Anonymous

• small children no
    older child YES
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:12 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Anon 09, I'm right there with you. My dd is the same way. I am doing the best that I can. I vary my meal types. I try to have one meal that is new each day usually for dinner. If she doesn't eat that, she goes to bed hungry. She will just have to wait for breakfast. You can PM me is you want to talk about how miserable this stage of childhood can be.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 4:13 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I have 2 toddlers and they are a little picky and sometimes won't eat supper, so I always have hot dogs or something else ready an simple ahead of time. Its hard sometimes but toddlers are.
    Anonymous