MY THREE YEAR OLD (3 1/2)

IS STARTING STORY HOUR THIS WEEK,I'M SO NERVOUS,WHAT IF SHE HAS TO USE THE REST ROOM ,SHE CAN GO BY HERSELF BUT WILL THEY HELP HER REACH THE SINK TO WASH HER HANDS ,LOCK THE STALL TO THE BATHROOM, I'M NERVOUS SHE WILL MISBEHAVE TO ! IS THIS NORMAL TO THINK OF EVERY LITTLE SENERIO THAT COULD HAPPEN? THIS IS THE FIRST TIME SHE'S GONNA BE WITH OUT HER MOMMY AND DADDY! I'M SO NERVOUS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You need to ask the people she will be with then. They should be able to answer your questions.
    Anonymous

• no, for parents who didn't pack their child off to daycare @ 6 weeks old I would say it's normal to wonder how they'll do with strangers. just remember that these people do this all the time- they've seen it all, and it will be fine!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:12 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I ALWAYS HAD STORY HOURS WITH ALL MY KIDS. MINE WERE @ THE LIBRARY. WHERE DO YOU GO FOR YOURS? I WOULDN"T WORRY IF THATS HOW THEY  DO WHERE YOUR FROM. I"M SURE  THEY ARE USED TO IT. IF YOU ARE WORRIED WHY NOT STICK AROUND FOR THE 1ST TIME,& CHECK OUT HOW THEY DO THINGS SO YOU KNOW. IT WILL BE GOOD FOR HER. EARLY INTERRACTION IS AWSOME FOR THEM~

Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 4:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I would go scope out the people and talk to folks. ease your fears
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:15 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Believe it or not, but this is going to be harder on you than it is on your little one. The best thing you could do is to relax and take a few deep breaths. Come up with some questions and ask them. You will make it through this.

But you might want to bring some tissues. I cried so hard when I left my little one (age 3) for three hours of bible school for one week over the summer. Tissues in this case are a must!
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 4:16 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• OP- THANKS EVERY ONE ,IT IS AT THE LOCAL LIBRARY I WENT WHEN I WAS LITTLE SO DID DH , ITS MORE LIKE A READING CLASS WITH ACTIVITY'S ,I WILL CALL AND ASK SOME QUESTIONS ,AND I THINK I WILL STAY THE FIRST DAY TO SEE HOW IT GOES.....I WILL HAVE A LOT OF TISSUES WITH ME ALSO! THANKS EVERYONE !!!
    Anonymous

• There's nothing wrong with staying at the library in another area if you're that worried. I know I would. I couldn't drop any of my kids off at a public place like that and just leave them there, I'd sit & read or browse the magazine racks or something, but no way would I leave, not even if it was the 10th time.
    Anonymous

• Take her right when you drop her off that way you dont have to worry about it. Stay and see how it goes, that way you and her are comfortable with the teachers
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 6:04 PM on Feb. 6, 2010