easy diets with results

hi ladys
iam looking for esay diets or one that works
i dont eat sea food other then tuna fish
and iam allergic to peppers so iam some what limited
1,200 calorie would be nice
i looked at ediets,jenny graig who can afford that stuff i want real food not carboard dont take that defensively ladies i know some of us probley use some of these diets
times r hard for all of us
i like salads but i want to put pasta in it all the time
and heath problems r always an issue
my dr told me to look for something i feel comfortable trying so iam looking for help .
pleas any ideas thank u

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Health

• i really enjoyed body for life. there is a sensible diet plan that gives you one day off a week, so you are not constantly depriving yourself. there is also a very reasonable work out schedule, again with a built in day off.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Eating Clean.

its pretty much idiot proof.
    Anonymous

• The 'This, Not That' series...'Cook This, Not That', 'Eat this, Not That', 'Buy This, Not That' Great way to eat really good food while learning to make healthy choices.

'The 1200 Calorie-a-Day Menu Cookbook'. It's got 350 calorie breakfast menus, 350 calorie lunch menus, 400 calorie dinner menus, and 100 calorie dessert menus. Mix and match for a 1200 calorie day. I almost didn't get it because the cover photos look pretty yucky, but I've tried tons of the recipes and they're all really tasty! They also have a 1500 calorie a day version.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 5:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are putting yourself on the gain/lose rollercoaster; hard on your body and frustrating. To get to and maintain a healthy weight, and set a great example for your kids, you need a healthy lifestyle.
    I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:34 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• On new years day I cut myself from eating 4,000 calories a day to 1,500 a day and it's not as hard as i thought
    I measure everything and eat what the label says is a serving. I count my calorie intake as I go. I look at everything as having calories, even hard candy and mints., count those too.
    So I eat 5 servings of fruit, eggs whites have hardly any calories...did you know a dozen egg whites have the same amount of calories as 2 whole eggs? it's true!
    use small bowls and little plates, stay away from white foods...eat heavy whole grain bread and get as much metabolism boosting foods in your diet as you can......google " metabolism boosting foods" and you will get a few lists.
    It's been a month now and I have lost 10 lbs. and my stomach has shrunk!! I cannot eat the amount of food as I use too! now I'm stuffed after eating an apple, lol.
    Also, peanut butter and nuts,avacados are high in fat but it's a good fat/
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 6:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Also don't rely on those diet dinners, they have way to many calories and you want to use your calories wisely.
    salads actually are not that low in calorie if you use dressing...each item used in a salad is say worth a hundred calories. So you just have to add up everything your eating. Stay away from junk and all soda even the diet types....diet soda actually slows metabolism!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 6:13 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Try eating smaller portions. Get yourself a new set of plates that are around 8 or 9 inches around instead of the regular 10-12 inch size. This way it will look like you're eating more than you really are. Don't go back for seconds and drink an 8 oz glass of water before your meal. Also, try eating your biggest meal at breakfast and your smallest meal at dinner. Don't put pasta in your salads. Instead pile on vegies or fruit like beets, chick peas or beans, apples, mandarin oranges, and nuts like walnuts or almonds. Also, go lite on the dressing; that adds a lot of calories. Bottom line: If you eat less, your stomach will shrink and you will feel more energized so you can exercise more.
    mambalamba

Answer by mambalamba at 1:21 AM on Feb. 7, 2010