is this normal

i am 31 weeks pregnany and just started having lower back pain. i have been also having braxton hicks and pain in my pelvis could i be having this baby early or am i going to be fine for the next 8 weeks.... if you are goin g to bash please do not reply thank you

Monkeychick

Asked by Monkeychick at 4:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Totally normal. I've had 3 babies and feel like that starting about week 27 all the way through to the end.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:52 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• we just don't know cause we don't have privy to your privates. Some babies are early some not. Keep in close contact with your ob and call them if you're concerned. Or go to e r.

Braxton hicks can be for weeks literally and also other times on and off. And dilation can start well before delivery and go on for quite some time.

They should treat you fast making a decision to admit you or monitor then send home. E R's do not want to deliver babies.

If you should lose your plug or amniotic fluid call your doctor right away.

Congratulations!!!!! Exciting For YOU Exciting to have a beautiful baby in the WORLD!!!!!!!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:52 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I had HORRIBLE back pain and pelvic pain with my 3rd pregnancy. It all deals with how big the baby is, how your muscles are preparing for labor and how the baby is laying. I personally wouldn't worry too much about the pain unless it starts to get unbearable or they are starting to come consistent and closer together. If you notice a bloody show (or mucous plug), a constant flow of water (your water may be leaking) or you start bleeding, then you should head to the hospital. Make sure to ask your dr next time you see them, but unless you are showing these signs you should be fine.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 5:28 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I highly recommend calling your OB and discussing it with him/her. Many people hav back and pelvic pain while PG. On the other hand, I felt my baby "drop" about a week before she was born at 29w6d. I was a 1st time mom, and my OB told me that feeling was just my ligaments stretching.
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 5:41 PM on Feb. 6, 2010