troubleshooting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my eight month old daughter refuses to crawl,or sit up without support. I cant force her to do it and she's showing no signs of progress. with everything she has been a late bloomer so i have much faith in her capabilities and really havent been too worried. but you should see the way people judge. when they say things like oh, she should be crawling with that snobby look. as if i've been stunting her potential. it really ticks me off. i was just wondering if there were any other parents with behind the curb kids or any advice on how to get her to crawl other than the obvious ways. wish kids came with a personal troubleshooting manual and some good faq's....lol

lilsbiggestfan

Asked by lilsbiggestfan at 4:59 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she's a stubborn one. lol

my oldest was like that - I'd encourage her do to things and she'd push back or just NOT do anything. sit there like a little lump with a silly baby grin. heck she's almost 9 and still does things like that.

some kids go with their own internal drummer. "I'll do it when I'm good and ready Mommy"

yours will move, just stop pushing and let her do it on her own.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• My daughter is 7.5 months and is just barely crawling. She really shows no interest in it. She'd rather "swim" on the linolium in our kitchen or roll all over our living room! lol! She has started pulling up at things and stand there for a bit but also shows no interest in just sitting. She stands better than she sits! It's definitely crazy how each kid is different! My first hit all his milestones right on time, second was a bit slower (she was extremely cautious) and my third is kind of topsy-turvy with her learning. lol!
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 5:04 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• My daughter is 8 months and she can sit but barely crawls - and only backwards....I'm sure having people constantly telling you what they think she SHOULD be doing is annoying. Just ignore them. Every baby is different. My friend's daughter didn't walk until she was 16 months old! And she's a healthy 2 1/2 year old now. If you're looking for ideas, I started my dd sitting up with her boppy pillow around her, so that it could help her stay up...she still topples over now and then. 8 months is really early to be worrying about her crawling. Just give her tummy time and sitting time and let her figure it out for herself. It will only upset both of you if you try to rush her. Good luck and ignore all those jerks!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• hmm...sorry people are judging you that way. Noone can "make" a baby or a child develope faster than they are ready. I babysit a 9 month old and he's still not crawling but he does sit up without support...well, we sit him up then he can sit there,lol. I'm not quite sure what age you should start being concerned...both of mine were sitting up unassisted by 5 1/2 months. I would just ignore those that seem to be judging you and your baby.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• hmm My first baby crawled in a January he was born prevous June and he was walking in the following May. My second crawled about 8 months and walked at 14 months. My third baby crawled about same as second and walked at 14 months.

I agree it's a scary time waiting and worrying, wishing. Try real real hard to just blow long and slowwwww through nasty comments. There's always going to be someone better no matter your beautiful baby's age even when waaaaaaaayyy older.

Try leaving her on her tummy on a safe floor and leave small easy handle toys (but not tiny or with little parts) leave those safe small toys a good distance infront of her. Just go into another room and sit and read a magazine, be in your kitchen and in 10 minutes another time 15 minutes go back and check.

Sure there could be something that's not quite right but also baby has to be motivated. The baby being frustrated a bit squigging might just crawl.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 5:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• THANKS ALL!!!!!!!!!!
    lilsbiggestfan

Answer by lilsbiggestfan at 5:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• op mommy just be assured in your heart that with baby being so very young - many towns, school districts offer fantastic reallly really great early intervention support in different ways for different circumstances.

Kiss baby knowing you're not alone at all.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 5:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2010