Basal thermometers?

ok so i bought one but i don't think i'm using it right. Can anyone explain to me how exactally it works, and has using it ever ended in pregnancy for anyone? Do you think i have a better chance of getting pregnant if i use the thermometer and ovulation predictor kits?

Lori1818

Asked by Lori1818 at 5:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• by tracking your waking temperature (don't even get out of bed before doing it) you can see the body temp differences.

check out taking control of your fertility.

I know that when I did get pregnant and was charting - my temp got steadily higher each morning.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:40 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I use mine to chart my morning temp. I also use ovulation kits to be sure because my cycle is really erratic. I take my temp very first thing in the morning. The alarm goes off, and that thermometer is in my mouth. It gives me a few minutes to snooze, which is great!

Once I get up, I chart my temp on an iphone app I have for charting my cycles. Thats it. Nothing too complicated about it. Temps are great to see when you've actually ovulated, but it won't help predict ovulation, at least for me it doesn't. Good luck!
    KnottyNikki

Answer by KnottyNikki at 5:42 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility.

The thermometer can not predict ovulation but it can tell you LOTS of things. It confirms ovulation, tells you how many days of fertile mucus you have (you should be charting cervical mucus to predict ovulation) so if you don't get pregnant you know how many days you have next month during your fertile window, can tell you whether or not you are pregnant by your temp staying up past your normal luteal phase, can tell you how long your luteal phase is...I could keep going.

BBT charting is VERY important but it's best to combine it with cervical mucus and cervical position charting which you can learn about in the book I mentioned above.

Ovulation predictors are actually a REALLY bad idea because your body can surge several times a month before actually releasing an egg. You could miss your ovulation every single time by using those.

I got PG 1st try with this 2 times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Feb. 7, 2010