Does anyone else have this during their pregnancy?

So I am 3 days late, and I was in the bath and just noticed those "weird bumps" on my areola's. I only have these bumps during pregnancy. Is their any other reason for them? I am hoping I am not pregnant seeing as how my baby is only 5 months.

But anyhow, do any of you have these during your pregnancy or have them without being pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I know what you mean - i'm past menopause and I've had them for a long time -sometimes mine disappear when I'm cold they appear. lol
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 5:38 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Are you nursing? They are there to help your baby attach to your breast better. Yes you always have them they just get more apparent when pregnant or breastfeeding (or pumping breast milk) and when cold.. If you think you may be pregnant go to the store and get a pregnancy test just to ease your mind. If its negative and still no period this month go to the doctor. Having babies may change your menstrualcycle. If you don't want any more kids any time soon I would also get on birth control there is a low dose birth control that can be taken while breastfeeding.  I really wouldn't worry about it and hope that helps you in anyway. Btw I am pregnant and do have them!

jessica408us

Answer by jessica408us at 6:18 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Thanks jessica,
    I am not nursing, and my husband and I do not like using birth control due to having a miscarriage from it. We have been using condoms since our 1st born and she is 4, and I have a 5 month old now and we have been using the technique. I just think our condoms may have failed us! Thanks for the info. I never have these bumps unless pregnant. If I still do not get my period by tomorrow I am getting a test. I am just really hoping that this is me just being paranoid! Thanks again!
    Anonymous