How do you spend your time when your child(ren) spend the night with someone?

I know i should take the time to relax and enjoy my time w/o my son but I always end up spending my time cleaning and catching up on laundry. How do you spend your time?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 5:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am assuming that you are married, right? If so, this would be a great time to reacquaint yourself with your dh! Sex is always great when you know that you can leave the door open and scream all you want! When we have time, we usually make a date of the evening. Dinner, movie and cuddle time. We are not lucky enough to have many nights away from our dd, so I don't clean when she is gone. Saturdays are our cleaning day -

sonnalynn

Answer by sonnalynn at 6:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• My toddlers would be nursing and wouldn't spend the night anywhere else.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• If my son is at my mom's or something my husband and I typically have plans with friends or we will go to dinner and a movie or something together. It is rare though, so we definitely appreciate it when it happens and I am not going to spend time doing housework, for sure! lol
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• cosy in bed wtih a glass of wine and good book
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Usually when my children go somewhere for the day (youngest still nurses to sleep so "sleep overs" are a no-go) my husband and I let them go so we can spend some quality time as a couple. We do some shopping, go to dinner, watch movies, have lots of loud, animal sex...things of that sort.

Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 6:10 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• well since tonight my older two are at camp....its me and my youngest. we're watching movies, and painting our nails.

but next weekend all three are going to grandma's house for a night - youngest's first ever sleepover. I'm not exactly sure what we'll do. considering going to a movie and dinner - but most likely we'll stay in and watch a movie.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:02 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• i clean the living room so I can have a spot to sit without looking at toys, grab a bottle of wine, and a book!
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 7:23 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• OP: lol yes I am married and do have sex when my son is gone friday night (I usually get a free night once a week so its nice) but he usually doesn't come home til after 1 the following day thats why I ask if anyone else cleans like I do...instead of resting. Thanks for sharing ladies :)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 7:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2010