stepmom is acting weird

the other day i was over at my dad's house and my younger sister still lives there. she came down stairs in sweat pants and a black tank top. i guess you could tell she didnt have a bra on but shes basically still in a training bra and you couldn't see anything. well my stepmom kind of freaked out and screamed at my sister to go upstairs and put some clothes on cuz she was making her father uncomfortable...i dont even think my father noticed that stephanie had come into the room let alone made him uncomfortable. my sister went upstairs and put on a sweatshirt but it made me wonder so i asked her about it. she also said that our stepmother doesnt let her answer the door in pj pants or sweatpants, however, its ok for my stepmother to answer the door in her pjs because its her house. does anyone else think this is weird? there's nothing going on like sexual abuse, i just think its weird my stepmom is acting like that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• either she's being over protective of your lil sis. You she is jealous of her and does not want to be reminded of her fleeting youth.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:01 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Step mom may have been abused as a young woman
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:04 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Your stepmom knows that there are a helluva lot more men who will take advantage of a pretty 15 year old girl than will take even a second look at a "mature" woman in those circumstances.

If the behavior is new - she wasn't that way before - then I'd just take her aside and ask her if she has a reason for it. Maybe she caught the meter reader looking cross-eyed at your sister? Maybe a neighbor said something about seeing your sis in her skivvies through the window? Who knows? I'd bet a bright, shiny nickel that she's got a reason that she's not sharing so as not to scare your sister, though.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:13 AM on Feb. 7, 2010