stepmom is acting weird...sorry, i reposted it.

the other day i was over at my dad's house and my younger sister still lives there. she came down stairs in sweat pants and a black tank top. i guess you could tell she didnt have a bra on but shes basically still in a training bra and you couldn't see anything. well my stepmom kind of freaked out and screamed at my sister to go upstairs and put some clothes on cuz she was making her father uncomfortable...i dont even think my father noticed that stephanie had come into the room let alone made him uncomfortable. my sister went upstairs and put on a sweatshirt but it made me wonder so i asked her about it. she also said that our stepmother doesnt let her answer the door in pj pants or sweatpants, however, its ok for my stepmother to answer the door in her pjs because its her house. does anyone else think this is weird? there's nothing going on like sexual abuse, i just think its weird my stepmom is acting like that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I think your step mom has some issues! I would wonder if she had caught your dad looking at porn and now thinks he is a sexual deviant. Not saying he is-but a lot of women think that way. Or maybe your SM is jealous of your younger sister's young, nice body. It probably is your SM's own insecurity that is fueling her craziness.

There isn't much to do about it, but for your sister to respect the house rules. I mean it isn't that hard to put on a bra and regular clothes, especially if she knows it is expected.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:34 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• "put some clothes on cuz she was making her father uncomfortable"

there's something wrong there.....
    Anonymous

• Maybe your stepmom knows something about your dad that you don't. She might have been abused at that age.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 6:40 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• You should talk to your dad about it, you should be able to wear pajamas in your own house without the risk of getting yelled at. Tell him that you are concerned and that her behavior is not fair to you or your sister.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• before eveeryone starts tripping , maybe the stepmom was abused as a teen? hmm?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:01 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Well if she was abused she obviously hasn't dealt with it, and she needs to get help for it, and talking to dad about it is the first step in that process he would know if she was abused.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:41 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• sounds like she is jelous of the kid.she just likes to contorl her in some way and there is nothing else that she can do but tell her to get clothes on and what not
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:38 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Just curious, was she your step mom at that age? If so were the rules the same for you? I think she is being a bit over the top, but that being said, sis has to live by the rules of the house. I would talk to your dad about it saying you are concerned that she is overly strict about the clothing issue, and is there something going on that you are unaware of.
    higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 10:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• sounds dlike she has issues but i know other families that have the same sort of rules. i think it is too bad a person can't relaxin their pjs but when i was a child we werer not allow out of our bedroom until fully dressed. i do not do that to my kids
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 10:55 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• she was my stepmom when i was that age. we moved with them when i was about my stepsister's age and she didn't care too much what i wore.
    Anonymous