I am going to get a treadmil, but I stay on the second floor of my apts. I plan on a working out at 5am (before work) and wondered if treadmils are very loud?

I can sometimes hear the couple above me when they are walking about their apartment, So I know that the person below me probably hears me.

Natasha316

Asked by Natasha316 at 6:10 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Some are loud and some are not loud. You need to test them out before you buy it, I have a noisy one, but they make quiet models if you are willing to spend the money.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:12 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• i live on the bottom floor and the people that live on top use a treadmill, it is loud!! i get so mad, and you want to do at 5am, your going to have some upset neighbors
    mom24147

Answer by mom24147 at 6:15 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• If you can hear a vacuum cleaner in another apartment, or if someone is jumping rope and you can hear it- or jogging in place, then the treadmill would be heard. I think that one of those ski machines (nordic track) might be OK- something that doesn't have a loud motor or that you don't run (or pound your feet) on.

Answer by Bmat at 6:39 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I am going to ask about quieter models, thats a good Idea. I don't want any angry neighbors.
    Natasha316

Answer by Natasha316 at 6:41 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• mine's supposedly a quiet one, but its pretty noisy.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:53 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• most arent loud thereself, its when your running in place thats loud
    bobowazhere

Answer by bobowazhere at 8:12 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• wow you're nice! you actually care about your neighbors. wow!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:01 PM on Feb. 6, 2010