can you please give me som info

i need some info on docotrs breaking your water. like
how is it done
what do they use
can they break your water with out you being dilated or your cervix being open
were is the water sac in your pergant belly

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Seriously?! Just ask your Dr. all that when you go in next time....
    Anonymous

• The baby is inside the sack of water, so it's everywhere in there. You would need to be at least a little dilated and I believe it's customary to wait until you are in labor to break the water, it's done with a long hook, looks like a knitting needle. They put the hook up through your cervix and catch a little edge of the water bag to rip a little hole in it and let the water out.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 6:58 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• you need to be dialated to have the water broken, they use a little thing that looks like a long crochet hook - insert snag the sac and pop.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:59 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Water sac around baby. It is no big deal. The doctors had to break mine with 2 of my children. They use a little hook it will hurt a little because they have to put their hand up there but thats it. Then it will feel like ur peeing ur self. Dont worry about it. I was dilated with mine. But when ur water breaks it causes u to dilate more so I am assuming they can even though ur not dilated. my water broke with one of my kids and I wasnt dilated.
    griffinbb4

Answer by griffinbb4 at 7:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Breaking your water means to rupture your uterus. The doctor had to break my water with my first child. I was fully dilated and it had not yet rupture. He use a very long hook ( it looked like a ginnormous fishing hook and yes, it looked scarier than need be,lol) They put it in your vagina,hook a part of the uterus and punture a hole in it. It is completley painless.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• sorry...its been a long time...I dont think they actually hook your "uterus" it is the bag of waters that is inside the uterus...lol. I think thats the best way for me to describe it...anyway...I remember the hook and it being painless...it has been 10 years next month,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:02 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• they use an amnio hook to break the water. your cervix doesnt have to be open much to do it.

im not sure what you mean by "where is the sack" its surrounding the entire baby. so its kinda everywhere.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 9:16 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• oh, and unless they NEED to break your water, i dont recomend it. the contractions will ecome much more uncomfortable after they break it.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 9:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2010