?

since my baby has came along i get no sleep really he dont go to bed till 11,12 or1 sometimes 2 in the am and up and ready to go at 6am i try to lay him back down and he fall back to sleep for 5 mintues any suggtions

ilovewes

Asked by ilovewes at 7:10 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You need a nighttime routine that settles him down, he is overtired that is why he isn't sleeping he should go to bed no later than 10 and sleep until 9 or 10 in the morning with 2, 1-2 hour naps during the day. If you aren't consistent they will stop sleeping right and it can make them ill.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:15 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• If baby is not hungry and has a clean butt. Could be that bay wants to cuddle. IF baby justs wants to play, dont let baby take too long of naps during the day and maybe sleep better at night. I have also done flipping that baby. head over heals 2 times and give it a day or 2. It is something my grandmother told me (old folk tale) and it worked 4 me. If it still doesnt work then u flipped baby wrong way so then u need to flip heels over head 4 times and give it 2 or 3 days. If that doeswnt work then as long as clean and fed let baby cry it out. baby will adventually figure it out that it is bed time.
    griffinbb4

Answer by griffinbb4 at 7:18 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• yes i agree with the 1st post routine is what works. i give my baby a bath every night about an hour from bedtime. i have to rock my child to sleep every nite( i know bad habit) but it works for us
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:36 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Cosleeping

Answer by rkoloms at 9:34 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• First off how old is the baby? If it is a newborn there is no way it should be sleeping 12 hours at night. Personally I agree that the baby is probably overtired. Get a routine down and cosleep if you need to. I did with my kids and they are perfectly happy well adjusted 9 and 7 year olds now who choose to sleep in their own rooms when they were about 2 years old. We had the crib in our room with one side removed and our bed shoved against it until they asked to sleep in their own room and own bed.
    Anonymous

• he 9 months
    ilovewes

Answer by ilovewes at 12:24 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• My son up til he was 4 months old was staying up that late. I finally started turning the lights down and getting him ready for bed an hr earlier every night for about a month. I finally got him to start going to bed by 9 and sleeping through the night. Now at 9 months for my son he was teething so he would wake up in the middle of the night. I just kept the lights down low (used a lamp for light) when I would check on him. Its hard when baby and momma don't sleep but it does get easier the older they get. My son is 13 months now and sleeps 10-14 hours at night.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 6:07 AM on Feb. 7, 2010