How many of you are unhappy in your marriage/relationship?

If you are happy then don't reply. Feel free to post anon if you want. Why are you unhappy and why do you stay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• To ease our debt I stay plus also equally as important to allow him easy times to see kids.
    Anonymous

• I am happy but choosing to reply because happy is not a 100% of the time feeling.

There have been many times we have hit a low in our 16 yrs.... and there have been times I didnt even want him to come home from work.

So you can be happy... be unhappy.... then find happiness again.
    Anonymous

• anon 755 how do you get happy again i need help desprately !
    heathertilton08

Answer by heathertilton08 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• It is a concious decision to change your expections, to stop EXPECTING things of your partner hubby and I are not completely happy but we are getting there
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:59 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• im not perfect,hes not perfect and that's ok,am i happy 100% ? heck no! but then again what woman is? life goes on,you dont always feel something.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 8:02 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• My Dh and i are separated, so I would say there are definately some unhappy things about our relationship. He has anger issues, is bad with finances, and can't hold a job. We are working on our relationship right now. He is a very sweet and loving person, it's just the times when he's a total jerk that gets to me.
    Anonymous

• im happyly married choice to respond because somebody once told me " people become unhappy in marriage because they tend to forget why they got married in the first place, not because your the same but because of your difference's" i always think of that everything we disagree and i lauf and we come to a agreement
    Anonymous

• im happy but im going to answer too on this i do agree even the 100% happy there still times were you can get unhappy theres been times i wanted to leave and give up on trying but didnt we just sat down and talk to one another and work things out and tryied working on what was making us unhappy and remembering the good times and not the bad and sit down and work out what ever is bugging you
    Anonymous

• There are tons of reasons people become unhappy in a marriage. As you said, anger, finances, etc. Sometimes it has nothing to do with "expectations" so I have no clue why that person jumped to that conclusion on your situation. Marriages have ups and downs. Some of the downs are ones that can be worked through, some aren't. Counselling might help. You need to decide if you are willing to try that or if you're at a point that it can't be fixed.

GL
    Anonymous

• Define "happy"

Answer by admckenzie at 8:18 PM on Feb. 6, 2010