thoughts on birth control...

i think in the long term, chemical birth control is going to cause some major problems down the road in woman who use them. there is already a risk for things like blood clots, stroke, etc. in even young healthy woman. i do not use it just for that reason. i think if you absolutely don't want to get pregnant there are alternative options that wont effect our health. (condoms, that little T they place in uterus(cnt remember name), and checking ovulation).... agree? disagree?

rahrahsmama

Asked by rahrahsmama at 8:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Health

• I think NFP is a joke. The only way to prevent pregnancy is to not have sex. Even if you are married and not ready for another baby, you shouldn't have sex.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 8:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I got my husband fixed. Problem solved.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 8:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• LMAO @ Allergic2Stupid - I love it!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:16 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• sarap - LOL. i think the women on here who tell people not to have sex if there not ready for a baby are HILARIOUS. omg. you bitches crack me up. but anyway, to the poster, i agree. i wont take hormonal birth control either. nor will i use an IUD. i cant wait till im done having all my kids & either i can get my tubes tied or my SO can get a vasectomy so we dont have to worry about this shit anymore.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• what this way of trying to not get pregnant is called? PARENTS
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:38 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• oookay...no need to argue ladies! to assume people will just not have sex to prevent pregnancy is unrealistic. getting the man fixed is an option! lol. to rkoloms, diaphragm is a great option.. i meant to put etc @ the end of the other options part. thanks for your opinions!
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 11:50 AM on Feb. 7, 2010