Breast pain

For about a week now, maybe a little over, I have been getting sharp pain in one spot on my left breast... sometimes it just hurts, and usually when I cough or laugh, it feels like something is stabbing me. I've felt it and haven't noticed anything unusual, but I've never had any lumps so I'm not sure what I should be feeling for! Any ideas on what might be causing this, or should I get it checked out just to be on the safe side?
On a side note, I know for a fact i'm not pregnant, so that isn't it.

Koukla12905

Asked by Koukla12905 at 8:18 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Health

• Since you don't know what it is, get it checked. Chances are it is fine, but find out for sure.

Answer by Bmat at 8:23 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I had the same thing, kinda, but i noticed it more after I started breastfeeding. i have a tiny lil lump right under my nipple and when pressure is applied to it it hurts! and shoots a sharp pain from my breast to my shoulder/back area. I have no idea what it is, but its been over a few years and still hasnt gone away. ( i know go see the doc) im finaly sucking it up and going when they can get me in (not a big fan of hospitals) so i shall see how it goes...
    frozeninak

Answer by frozeninak at 2:02 AM on Feb. 7, 2010