smoke stained and smell in a First Communion Dress

I was given a First Communion dress that has sat in a closet of a smoker for 15 years. It is yellow and smells of stale cigs. I washed it in vinegar but the stains won't come out. Any advice? The dress is nylon and the lace that covers the entire dress is polyester

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• besides the dry cleaners, i got nothin
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Febreeze or Odoban might take the smells out but not sure what to do with the stains. I agree to take it to a cleaners and ask them

Answer by admckenzie at 8:34 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I would suggest sending it to a cleaners... find one that specializes in formal wear.... other than that I can't think of anything that would help ...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:16 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I like that oxy stuff. It has gotten stains out of things from 20 years ago. We smoke as well, we use it to wash the flags on our walls, never had a problem with it. Cleans up good, every time, even the generic versions of it at the dollar store.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 10:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Oxyclean it! I've seen it works wonders on clothes I thought my husband had ruined.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:12 PM on Feb. 8, 2010