At home water birth ??

Have any of you had a at home water birth?? I have two kids and my husband and I are ttc our last baby. I really want to try a at home midwife. I had both my other kids in a hospital and I just think i would rather be home. Both of my kids were born natural no pain meds so Im not worried about that part. I was just curious what was your experiance like?? Also I read that it only costs 3000 dollars that just doesnt seem right is that true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Cost all depends on the midwife you find to have a home birth with. If you have an unassistedbirth it would cost you way less then that. I have not had a home water birth yet. With my first we had her at a birth center. I love laboring in the water. I had a lip and the water got to hot so I could not birth in there but loved the laboring part. We play on doing that with our third. I know when I am home I labor so much better. Once you transfer me. Labor gets so intense for me.

Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 8:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I'm planning a home water birth. It's going to be $2500 for my prenatal care, pre-labor home visit, home birth (midwife plus assistant), and 6 weeks postpartum care which includes home visits and office visits.

If you are in the ATL area I can recommend a home birth meet-up group where you can meet tons of women who are on their second or even third home birth.

If hubby wants to read about it-- check out naturalpapa.com there is a Q&A section for dads on home birthing. Many dads share their stories. It's beautiful.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:51 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• That is right it is about 3000 dollars for all of your prenatal care and the at home water birth, birth shouldn't be 10s of thousands of dollars it is absurd. I am in a vbac group oh here, and a large percentage of women in the group have had these births. I will get you a link for a video that we have that is amazing.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:52 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• You're brave! My birthing experience was very tricky and had i not been in a hospital i would have lost my son, i wasnt there for more than a couple minutes before they were doing an emergency c-section so I am terrified to even think of doing it without a doc hovering, but i have heard of many VERY special birth experiences taking place at home, I even saw a video of a water birth done in a home, where her water never broke and teh baby was delivered with the membranes in tact which to my understanding is extremely rare and will NEVER happen with medical intervention, I was beautiful and I cant possibly imagine a more peaceful way to bring that beautiful little miracle in to teh world than to bring him in to a nice soothing dimly lit familair smelling and sounding environment, you and your baby could be snuggling up in bed having a post birth snack within an hour of the birth, in YOUR clothes, in YOUR bed, in YOUR home!
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 8:55 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Awesome thanks for all the info so far ...Im very excited for this adventure :) We live in Portland OR. Cant wait to check out the links.
    Anonymous

• I am excited for you! HOORAY!
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 9:11 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• if you haven't already, check out that natural birth group and the group birth is normal :)
    Anonymous

• Havent done that yet....will do!! And thanks We are both very excited :)
    Anonymous

• That's exactly how much mine is going to cost.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 9:16 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Thats just crazy I cant believe its so cheep. I thought it would be so expensive one of the reasons I never looked into it with my first two !!!
    Anonymous