Allergies??

For those with allergies...What do you find besides medicines that help you the most? I never had allergies before and over the last few years I have had all sorts of issues. I got tested and am allergic to all most everything. (no foods) Dust mits, dogs, cats, pollen, grass, weeds and a bunch of other stuff. What steps did you take to make your house more allergy clean?

oliviahank

Asked by oliviahank at 8:50 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Health

• Neti pot for nasal irrigation. It physically removes allergens from your sinuses. Drug free way to change your life.

A really great air filter with UV to kill mold.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:54 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• For me there is nothing I can to do be allergy free. Once spring and fall hits I am miserable. I have to take Claritin to help relieve me.

Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 8:54 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• No pets - good filter on furnace - good vacuum - windows closed in summer - don't hang your laundry outside of you have pollen allergies - always have a stash of Claritin and Kleenex with aloe on hand ;)
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:18 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• well i dont know about what u can do other then always dusting and cleaning
    but if u have to take zyrtex the expensive stuff look up on computer for the generic brand u will find that the indoor and outdoor allergie releif tablets u but at the $store is the generic brand of zyrtex
    i have the same problem and i have a houe full of pets from birds to ferrets so allergies oh yeah but this product works
    when u dust but the multi purpase spray then it wont fly all over the place when u dust i use it on my floors as well and iam seeing less dust
    good luck
    Anonymous

• Yeah, allergies can be such a pain. But taking a non-drowsy antihistamine during the day, and one that is not drowsy before bed can help. That way If you take one before bed, you won't have a long stretch of time while you sleep and are going without one. Be sure to do something though so that the allergies don't turn into asthma. Good luck.
    BunnyButterfly

Answer by BunnyButterfly at 9:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• i use a spray that i buy from an online whole-sale club that kills dust mites and reduces allergens. its made a HUGE difference and i really like the smell too. i find it to be very soothing. your welcome to message me if you want the details. i dont want everyone to feel like im spamming or something.
    Des10ed2b

Answer by Des10ed2b at 12:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2010