Weird Medical Question, But I need help! Cauliflower Looking Thing Coming Up From My Throat

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of anything like this. I don't really know how to explain this but here goes.

For about the last 5 to 6 months I have been getting a little tickle in my throat that will last about 3 or 4 days. I can feel something that feels like a popcorn hull stuck on one side of my throat for this time period too. (but there's no hull there). Then after the 3 or 4 days of my throat feeling this way, I go into a caughing spell (especially if I have something hot to drink).

At this time I caugh up something that resembles a small piece of Cauliflower. It feels a little rubbery and has a terriable smell. It's color is off white. Has anyone heard of anything like this?

Any help is appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Health

• here is a link about them http://www.tonsilstones.com/

joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 9:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• sometimes me and my SO cough up little white things, but we were heavy smokers & i always thought that was what it was. besides that, i remember seeing pics of std's in a human sexuality class, and a guy had genital warts on his penis and it looked like coliflower but i dont know if you can get genital warts in your throat, maybe if you give someone head with genital warts, not sure.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Yes I have heard of it too...I get them once in awhile. A coworker of mine and I were talking about it one day (cuz she has them too) and she said it was bits of your tonsil getting hacked up and thats why you have pock marks in your tonsils (if you still have tonsils). I have no idea how true that is and have never had a professional diagnosis. But it doesnt bother me all that much as it seems to bother you. What I hack out of my throat is actually very small...just gross and smelly. Ick.
    I know I get strep throat a lot...do you? maybe it has something to do with that?
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:05 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I get them when I'm not getting enough sleep. they're like puss pocket or something. they're totally gross, but it lets me know I need to get more sleep! you could be getting sick, so get some sleep, be religious about vitamin C and they should go away!
    Anonymous

• its called a crypt. they are peices of food that build up and get stuck in your tonsils. they smell bad and are small white chunks.
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 9:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Yes, you just made me remember having that when I was very young, it was really weird...not that I can be of any help I have no idea what it was but it eventully went away, maybe just an infection? Try goldenseal...it's an herb that's considered to be 'the russian antibiotic'...if you get it, get goldenseal ROOT, not goldenseal leaf, it's much stronger ...it will nip any infections in the bud, I use it when I feel a cold or anything else coming on and it helps with tooth infections as well....Walmart actually carries a decent brand of it.
    Anonymous

• anony 808 goldenseal root I'm allegic to ginger and leaf / leaf juice in skin lotion. Is goldenseal any derivative of ginger?

is it in capsule or pill form, drink it in cold water or tea or maybe crush it? Are you saying it's in vitamins section?

Anonymous

• Yes, I know what you are talking about. As one other mom answered you, they are called crypts. Meaning small "pockets" in the back of your throat where food gathers and gets stuck. It stays there and decays until it's ready to come out on its own. If you brush your teeth and can manage to get a toothbrush back there, sometimes you can push it out of place. I went to the Dr. for this and they said they are not harmful, just annoying. Hope it helps. :)
    BunnyButterfly

Answer by BunnyButterfly at 9:27 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• No, goldenseal and ginger are two different things. I take the pill form of goldenseal root, but there are also tinctures available. They have goldenseal tea as well...but if you specifically buy the goldenseal root, you are getting a stronger dose, there isn't as much in the leaves.
    Anonymous

• Could also be semi-digested food being forced out of your stomach. I have reflux and get this
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2010