any ideas on where to meet...

a good man?
I know this sounds dumb - but I am a single mom so I dont get out much. I work full time and go to school part time (on line classes). I did more than my share of partying before I had my son, and I am not quite sure how to go about this sober. LOL
But my son is 6 1/2...I'm lonley and clueless.

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 9:06 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Have someone you trust wholly set you up with a good man.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• honestly i would try eharmony or match.com or true.com trying to meet someone in teh right place at teh right time takes a lot of plain old good luck, but using a sight to select and pick out people you would like to get to know better who would like to get to know you better too adds a little more science to the mix so its not so relient on chance just remember to be safe about it, though honestly i'd be more cautious abou tmeeting a guy at a party than i would a man who is looking for a serious commited relationship on an internet dating site
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 9:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I met my SO on okcupid.com. I preferred dating sites since I could narrow it down and get to know someone thru messages and on the phone before meeting them in person. And my SO is the absolute perfect man for me. Plentyoffish.com is another site I used, met a couple of nice guys.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:17 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I've met some amazing men through my high school alumni association. I volunteered to help the association out bc I was bored and lonely a few years back. I was dumbfounded by how many great guys are out there and I have access to their contact information so know who is married and who is single. I can find the low down on them bc everyone knows gossip in the office! So far they are all gentlemen and scholars but I happen to have met SO about 4 yrs ago and so I don't bother with these great guys now. I'm sure there are some nice men online too. I hear www.plentyoffish.com is still free. I hear okcupid.com is good too.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I've heard one of the best places to meet a man is @ the supermarket. Everybody's gotta eat! Check yahoo for the study, they'll tell you the best days & times.
    The gym can be a good place too....
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:31 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• ok match and e harmany cost - single mommy on a tight budget so I can't really pay for the site
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:37 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I met my husband on the bus a few years ago. When your not looking for love thats when you find it, well thats how it went for us. But for seriously looking why not just take it slow go to art galleries, coffee shops- whatever your interest is, even volunteer work. That way you know about what the other person is about. My daughter is 4 years old, I wouldn't know what to do with getting a new man if it came to that. knock on wood. Good luck out there in the big scary dating world.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 9:56 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Fire station. lol those firemen are hot. Seriously church, library, take some classes at night school, hmm, work, join a gym. Be open and have a good life love will find you. Flourish and have fun. Don't worry love finds us.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:24 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• E harmony is a great place to at least find options, if not the man of your dreams lol. Just date safely and enjoy
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:24 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I met mine on Myspace lol.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2010