Fighting colds before due date?

I'm 38wks pregnant and everybody in my house is battling a head cold, including me. So far we haven't been hit too severely and everybody is on meds to get rid of it. I've also been sanitizing like crazy to kill lingering germs. I dunno what else I need to be doing though! I'm afraid I'll go into labor and have my baby before everybody has recovered. Help?? I'm also afraid that I'll still be sick when I go into labor; what would happen then? Could I still breastfeed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well youll pass your immunity to your baby isnt that why we breastfeed anyway? LOL I had a cold whne DD came too--it sucked in the freakin delivery room--like come on this is hard enuf I need a runny nose on top of it? You'll all be fine-- if this is the worst thing that ever happens to you --youre in really good shape! Feel better!
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:53 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I take sodium ascorbate to bowel tolerance (it's a buffered form of vitamin C). You can bf your baby when ill; the act of nursing (lip to nipple contact) helps to make antibodies to your illness.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 10:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• ur immmune system is strong while preg, but i didnt have a cold and got one the day i went into labor! and 4days later my premee had one, it wasnt hard but id advise the vick's dehamiter for kids(peditc) it helps them breath. sold at baby r us
    Anonymous