Do you really care about how your body looks?

What I mean is do you feel that your body should be in really great shape, or are you happy not being so "perfect"? Do our husbands wish we were "stripper" material?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Yeah, I feel that my body should be in great shape...but its not and I hate it. It wasn't bad before I had the baby almost a year ago...and now that I'm beginning to pay attentipn to myself again and decided to fix this mess ..I find out I'm pregnant again. LOL...gotta love it. Anyway I don't think I should be "perfect" but better than this would be nice,lol As for SO...he loves me the way I am...and never says anything about it and hasn't seemed to have lost any of the physical attraction for me either.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• My hubby likes that I'm chubby...but I would like to be LESS chubby and still maintain the big giant behind that he's really grown fond of!
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 10:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• my husband loves my chubby curvy body.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:28 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• My DH likes me how ever i am and i have been thin and in shape and fat as in 100 pounds heavier than i started. Personally I want to be in shape and healthy, looking like a "stripper" is probably not on my to do list lol.

Dh has never complained and has always been supportive no matter what shape i was in. I have been losing weight again and he has been very sweet and has even told me to slow down. He worries more about my actual health than my size.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I'm over 40 and wish I could have my 20 year old body again but it's not going to happen. I just try to eat right and take care of myself. I have been tiny, average, and a little bigger, and my husband has always loved me the way I am. As far as being "stripper material" my husband likes me to striptease for him! It keeps things exciting LOL : )
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 12:19 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Yes, I care how my body looks, but I don't obsess over it. My husband likes it. It's not perfect, but he hates the "perfect", plastic look anyway. He says that imperfections are sexy, and I agree with him. Perfect bodies are boring, in my opinion. His ex even told me that when she first saw me she thought how I was exactly the shape my husband always used to check out, lol. I'm not skinny, I'm not fat, I have big boobs...a kind of small butt...I'm just average sized. But...my husband loves it, and he's the only one I'm trying to impress. Not to mention, after gaining 50 lbs during my pregnancy, I'm so relieved to have lost 43 of it that I'm just super grateful for the way my body is, lol
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:42 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• before I got pregnant, I had a really nice body. nice tummy, nice butt. then I got pregnant, lol. I still looked okay, but once I hit about 7 months, it was like I just balloonned up. now my sons 9 months. I wear a size 12 in jeans. I don't really eat bad, I just don't have the time to exercise. I don't want to be perfect. I just miss knowing that I did have a nice figure. I wasn't like skinny before I got pregnant, but I had the right kind of curves. Ughh. SO says I'm not fat and he loves me the way I am. I just feel like I'm way bigger than what I really am.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• my husband says he likes me the way i am, but I dont like how i look. I only lost 10 of the 30lbs of baby weight i gained 3 years ago, and i need it gone before I try for a second baby.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:52 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Stripper material? lol Love that! I like being on the thin and long side. I am, but I am comfortable with my age and my inner beauty. I do care but its for ME and nobody else. I wish I could lose the saggy tummy but im porportionate. I still feel sexy.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:05 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I've accepted my body. That took a lot of doing since I haven't seen my school girl figure in years. SO is ok with my body so that helps keep me happy with me no matter what my body keeps plotting against me!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:34 PM on Feb. 7, 2010