Do I really have to stop breast feeding?

I'm thinking of stopping BFing early- my son is 5 and 1/2 months old. the reason why is I know that breast feeding can cause low estrogen levels and that can cause vaginal dryness, and my DH and I have been having a really hard time having sex. we've tried estrogen cream, all kinds of lubes- I'm getting the paragaurd IUD so we don't have to use condoms.... but will i really have to quit breastfeeding to help my hormonal imbalance? I want what's best for my baby but I also want what's best for my marriage. and believe me, we've only been married for 8 months and sex is still high on the list. what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Breastfeed.

If you have tried lubes then it probably isn't something that breastfeeding is doing. If your periods have returned then your estrogen levels are about normal and you don't have any kind of hormonal imbalance. If your periods they should soon.

Having a baby can do things that will make sex hurt. If you have only been checked out by one health care provider, get a second or third opinion. If you had stitches that could be the problem. There may be problems with your pelvic floor. Even urethra problems can feel like problems with the vagina.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I'd breastfeed, there's other sexual things you guys can do that doesn't involve penetration.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:11 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• st feed and tell hubby to lube up or thats it. sorry. baby comes first.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 10:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I agree. Have you also thought about taking a natural supplement such as Dong Quai to even out your hormones?
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 10:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Breastfeed and use MORE lube, make sure every one is trimmed up (I notice that if we aren't I tend to hurt and get really sore having sex)... I did get to where ky would burn me, right now I think we use "wet". If it's really that bad, use something like anal ease (it has a pain killer in it).... I have had to slip this one in on my dh because he wanted some and it was hurting no matter what we did. I didn't have a bit of trouble using it, it did kill the pain, but not the pleasure.
    Anonymous

• Personally I would breastfeed and if nothing worked for you then I would do other things for each other then just intercourse.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:48 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• banging head into wallOmg I am sorry but this is the most pathetic thing I have read in here in a long time. Are you kidding me? You are going to stop breastfeeding because of THAT? Tell me you're joking. Please. Tell me you're a troll. Because that is friggin pathetic. Welcome to parenthood honey, your children come first now, not your getting off. Sacrifice is the name of the game. Time to grow up and stop thinking about yourself so much. Ugh....

Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:49 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• i have the same problem.
    try more foreplay
    have him go down!
    you'll be wetter than ever and then have sex!
    its great! it gets you to that point and then you have him enter! its amazing!!!
    try it and let me know if this helps with the dryness
    krisew90

Answer by krisew90 at 10:52 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

Anonymous

wow, maybe you should get some D... it would make you feel better.
    Kalebs_mommy23

Answer by Kalebs_mommy23 at 10:59 PM on Feb. 6, 2010