gays salvation

Ok so I have this idea in my head that if a gay person is truly born gay and loves God and accepts the gift of salvation from God that they will be in heaven. So I am talking to this chick on facebook about the salvation of gays and all she tells me is that she's not gay so she doesn't care. God please forgive me for my bitterness but this woman sounds callous, I bet she would freakin care if one of her kids is gay. So my question is this, do any of you Christians actually think on this subject? Do any of you even care?

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 10:07 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Salvation is for all. They just need to ask for it.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:13 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• No, I don't. I am gay and I need to worry about my salvation. If on my kids tell me they are gay I will pray to the Lord to have mercy on their soul but in the end God is the only who makes the choice of heaven or no heaven.
    Anonymous

• I think about it. My husband and I are Lutheran, have frequent talks about sodomites. They way that I see it, If you love God you will keep His commandments. Gods not okay with sodomy, so why should I? Love the sinner, hate the sin. I don't believe that your born to do be a sodomite, its all choice, or something happened and you don't like the opposite sex. I was. I was bisexual for a lot longer than I have been straight-married. I met my husband and I realized how wrong I was. God made this man for me, took a rib from him to make me, for him. I wouldn't trade any woman at the cost of losing my family.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 10:15 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I worry about my salvation, not others'. Maybe that's what she meant. I do not think about if guys are saved and going to heaven, I think about what I do and if I am going to heaven.
    Anonymous

• read the bible and get Gods answer :)
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 10:16 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• i dont think about it as much as i use to. i had a wonderful, Christian gay friend in high school, so i use to think about this a lot. i finally came to the realization that homosexuals can be saved just like the rest of us are saved. so now that ive come to that conclusion i dont think about it near as often.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:21 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• oops that should say I am not gay
    Anonymous

• I'm just thankful I'm not christian.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 10:23 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I think of it this way: Everybody sins, and I am not all knowing about how every last person is going to be judged.

Anonymous

• read the bible and get Gods answer :)
    **********
    the only problem with that is- no one can seem to agree on what it says or means NOW as oppesed to THEN and whatnot-
    they can't even agree if all sin is the same- or if some are worse than others

as for the woman on FB- Maybe she is only worried about her own like others have said
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:38 PM on Feb. 6, 2010