Am I in labor?

Yesterday night like 10 pm I started having intense stabbing pain in my lower abdomen..I think maybe it's on the cervix..more intense then those small BH I have been having..I have been having alot at once ..and btw my baby has dropped since 35 weeks and this pain is more intense than the pain you get from the pressure of the baby on ur vagina

Then I went to sleep and woke up with just small contractions..my water hasn't broke or anything..
Could I be in labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you think you are then it might be a good idea to go to L&D..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Call L & D before you go and ask them what they think

Answer by admckenzie at 10:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I had the same thing happen to me a few nights ago. It's been days since then and it was not labor for me, ya never know though...
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:15 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• That's how labor started for me the first time. If they start to become regular or longer than you should go in. My water didn't break until I was pushing the baby out, so it's not always a good sign to go on.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 10:58 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• well anymore then 4 bh or contractions in an hr you should be at the hospital not sitting on the computer asking other people if you are
    Anonymous

• it might be the start of it.. if it continues i'd go in or if you keep getting contractions.. if you live far away from the hospital you could go check your self in and see what they think depending on when your due
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 11:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• OMG LADIES...You do NOT have to rush to L&D at the first little sign of a contraction. Lord have mercy...all they are going to do is send you home if you not dialted to at least a 4.

You could be in labor hun but then again maybe you aren't. Take a warm bath. If they don't subside than it may be labor. If they progressively get stronger and more painful it's likely that's it's labor.

It is recommended by most doctors and midwives to head to your birthing facility (or call your midwife if it's a home birth) when the contractions are 4 minutes apart, 1 minute long for 1 hour. If you are more than 15 minutes from the birthing facility leave at 511 instead of 411.

GOOD LUCK!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• OP here
    Ok guys seriously..the contractions stopped then just became small irregular contraction..they didn't become more intense..if they were to become intense I would assume it's labour already..gosh some replies were so rude..
    I just couldn't distinguish if these were real contractions or some sort of pain..I will start timing them if they ever come back thanks for the 511 rule anon..:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:24 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• iv had rude replies to on my questions, i hate people like that, we ask questions bc we dont no , not to be judged! but with my daughter i started to have contractions 2days before my water broke, i went from not being dilated to 4cm in a hr! although my sister who recently had a lil girl on xmas was haveing real contractions for 13weeks before she went into labor, they say braxon hicks (fake contractions) are very common between week 34-39. its your body preping for the real ones, its suppose to make your real labor go easyer
    bobowazhere

Answer by bobowazhere at 1:13 PM on Feb. 7, 2010