I spend most of my time worrying

I have one child and I live most of my time worrying that some day something might happen to him, or to me so that he will have to deal with losing me. I hate this and cannot make these fears go away. My husband tells me not to worry because God will take care of him. My questions, as a new Christian, How do I do that when I am always seeing thing on TV about aweful things happening to innocent children and many times those that come from good, Christian families? I'm looking for an answr on how to trust God I guess. I want to, but just don't know how.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Maybe you should talk to a counselor. It sounds like you live in fear and might need some therapy to get you over those fears.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:29 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Don't watch the news.

Make a list of what around your house your life, near stores you can do to be safe for yourself and your children.

Maybe get counseling to help you set goals of safety and put them into a real program.

And be at rest in your soul that your mind, your hands are doing all they can for a safe life. God loves you and He Needs you to love your children and to laugh with them.

Maybe talk to to your doctor about your feelings. You could be depressed after having a baby - it's not shameful. There are medicines and support groups.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:30 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• fear is not from God,every mom has healthy fears but when you let that control your life, you ruin your child.how? do you ask.... well your gonna keep your kid from everyone i know for sure you find faults with everyone,i have a friend that finds stupid reason why her kid cant go places,two problems her son acts like a girl because he has been over protected by his mom and he always seems to be getting sick,not to mention the bonus blessing she handed him he is a worrybug just like her,my guess is he will never become a man because his mom will never let him grow up because of her fears.
    Anonymous

• I stopped watching the news for this reason.... also did you know it is actually a sin to worry? We all fall short and we all sin... but we must strive to put our faith in Him and pray with expectancy! Pray for God to protect you and your son and your family and thank Him ahead of time for it! He will answer faithful prayers..... too many times people have the wrong mindset in that they pray and pray and pray for hours a day and beg God for things and HOPE that their prayers will come true..... then they wonder why they don't... hope doesn't get your prayers answered... knowing does.... Sorry i don't have scripture on hand to help u right this minute (I am sick and on the couch) but I know I wil be feeling better tomorrow (Because I prayed I would!) and I can come back to this post for you then if you would like me to.
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 10:35 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• http://www.ehow.com/how_2128563_trust-god-first-not-last.html This link may help. I agree with Don't watch the news.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:35 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Marchma2b - Yes please, a biblicle answer is definitaly what I am looking for. I am also considering speaking with my pastor in hopes he can help me to let go of my fears.
    Anonymous

• My first and best advice would be to stop watching the news. It will be positive for you in two ways. One, you won't have the stories from the news to give you ideas of what might happen. Two, you'll have more time to spend with your child.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:47 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Have your child baptised. That way, if God forbid something happened, atleast he'd be with God. I wonder about things like that a lot my husband/ daughter dying. I was so bad, I used to have panic attacks thinking about them dying.But then I realized that if they died in a car accident or something, that they'd be in the greatest place ever. Your child (ren) are not yours, God just gives them to you, for a short time to raise up, but whenever He is ready, He will call them home.Never fear death, as a christian dying is just a promotion sweetie. Your body is just a husk, your life just a dream, when you get to Heaven, that will truly be living. God will do a much better job protecting them than you can. Don't stop watching the news, its better to see , and think about how to prevent something, than to not know and have nightmares and be in a depressed state.I agree with talking to a Pastor, thats what their there for.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 11:02 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Its better to let go, let God take the wheel of your car (life) . Bow down, take up His yoke. His burden is easy and light.
    Mathew 11: 28-30 gives me the most comfort
    28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 11:08 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Put on your speakers.
    http://www.inspiringword.net/movies/psa-23a.htm
    lynnsl

Answer by lynnsl at 7:00 AM on Feb. 7, 2010