CRAWLING

MY SON JUST TURNED 7 MONTHS AND ISNT EXACTLY CRAWLING YET...
HE SCOOTS BACKWARDS. CAN MOVE IN A COMPLETE CIRCLE. AND MOVES FORWARD LIKE AN INCH...
IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO HELP HIM AND MAKE IT A LITTLE EASIER?
HE TRIES. HARD.
BUT ISNT OFF HIS BELLY OR AYTHING
THANKS!

krisew90

Asked by krisew90 at 10:26 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Trust me, enjoy it while he is not getting into everything...But what I did to help mine learn is to put a toy out of his reach but then sit behind him with my hands against his feet so when he reached and stretched out his legs he had something to push off of. He was scooting and crawling within 2 weeks. Good luck!
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 10:32 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• You can encourage him with toys but that is about it he has to put it all together on his own.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 10:27 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• If he's going to crawl he'll do it on his own. Crawling is not a developmental milestone and some babies never crawl at all.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:28 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Motivation actually =) I have been taking my third set of parenting classes and this specific teacher is ALL about motivation. You can move him to where his feet are against the wall and then lure him with a toy or a bottle so he has something to focus on. The wall helps him scoot forward. That is just one idea. Think of things that your baby likes and ways to give him an extra boost!

GL Momma.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 10:33 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• My son never did fully crawl til he was 9 months old. You can put toys in front of him just out of reach and see if that motivates him but he will crawl when he is ready. And when he does, you will be chasing after him everywhere! :)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 6:02 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I am amazed at how often this question comes up and how few parents bother to educate themselves on child development (or nutrition).
    Crawling is not a developmental milestone. Many babies never crawl.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:57 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• do your research and you'll know that many babies do in fact crawl. though some dont, MANY do. my question was asking if there was anything i can do to help him crawl. He tries, but isnt exactly crawling. If you dont have any positive suggestions, please dont comment. i dont need your feedback. you nor your child are perfect either. so you read the book, i'll enjoy learning from my child
    krisew90

Answer by krisew90 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 7, 2010