my 2 yr old has the sniffles, ive been putting babyrub on his chest, anything else that i can do to make him feel better? he keeps rubbing his nose, i feel so bad for him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• get him to blow his nose or suck it out with one of those ball things..
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 10:53 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• The best thing is to keep the mucus thin. Encourage him to drink plenty of liquids and use a vaporizer.
    obrn4u

Answer by obrn4u at 11:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Rub Vicks Vaporub on his feet before you put him to bed. Cover his feet with socks. It really does help the stuffiness in the nose. I've had a cold this week and have done it myself. Sounds goofy but it works!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:14 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• Try turning on the shower to hot and closing the bathroom door. Let the shower run while you sit in the bathroom with him (read a few books, etc to keep him occupied) and the steam that will fill up the room should help open up his sinuses some.
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 11:18 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• nuke some juice and give it to him. saw it on the news a few yrs ago and been doin it ever since. works great to help keep the common cold away
    Anonymous

• Use saline spray and a nose sucker (bulb syringe). I did it every day a few times and every night before bed with vaporub.
    Anonymous

• When my DD was 2 I gave her 1/2tsp of Childrens Sudefed PE cough & cold or 1/2tsp of childrens benedryl. I did call her pediatrician and she said it was safe to give her to. Both helped tremendously.
    eblstanford

Answer by eblstanford at 11:44 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• My 12 mo old is going through the same thing (his is from a double ear infection) and the Doctor recommended saline drops with the bulb syringe and a humidifier. Not only in the room he spends most of his time in, but also next to the bed at night when he is sleeping. And push fluids to keep him hydrated.
    MilMom04

Answer by MilMom04 at 11:31 AM on Feb. 8, 2010