little frustrated...who's at fault?

so i have a small photography business...i just finished a project with the national guard fire fighters and i made them custom calendars. well few hundred dollars later and many calendars later, (this was about two months ago) i had the SRG approve a proof before printing the calendars. long story short i spelt calendars... "calenders" and now there is a bit of a a flare starting. We do proofs for situations like this, I'm not perfect and make mistakes and we have the clients double check just in case. What do I do? I can't afford to reprint that many calendars, no can I handle the stress of this right now. (im 36 weeks prego, moving etc, etc out of biz right now....)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• It's your business so your at fault.

SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:15 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• That's a tuff one because if it was spelled that way on the approved one, in a way it's his fault, but I don't know that legally you aren't going to take the fall for it.
    Anonymous

• It was your mistake, you know it was your mistake.
    Sure, they didn't catch your mistake but that's beside the point, it was still your mistake.
    next time you are adding text, use spell check, it is an amazing thing!

Anonymous

• Where is the word "calenders", and how "eye-catching" is it? Is it on every page? Yes, it's your mistake, but they should have caught it IF it were that big. I'm sorry you're stressing over this. It's an honest mistake. They should have to re-order.
    Anonymous

• AWWWWW ! !
    Anonymous

• What does your contract say? It should say who is responsible in cases like this. If it's not stated I'd call a larger studio and ask them what they do in situations like this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I'm sorry this happened to you- I'd see if you can get legal advice to see if his approving it holds. DId he sign anything saying that he was approving it?
    But if it was me, I wouldn't want to pay for something that had something as basic as a misspelled word on it. I personally would not play the pregnant card in this situation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Maybe you guys can split it. He did agree but you should of spell checked everything. Maybe he will meet you in the middle, if not then I say it is your fault. Sorry!
    Moriah

http:/www.WorkingGreenMoms.com
    MoriahL

Answer by MoriahL at 9:40 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Just for example when something goes to printers. Is it the printers fault that it's misspelled or is it the responsibility of the person that sent it the printer's.  The printer's just print things as they see it. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Let's put it this way, if you want them to come back to you, and you want them to spread a POSITIVE word about you, then you need to suck up the cost.

Consider it an advertising cost.

Another thought is, don't reprint at all, and just offer them a discount- say maybe 50% off?

It doesn't seem fair, and I do think it's their fault BUT then it's your business NOT theirs. Do what you can to repair the situation.
    Anonymous