Did you give your husband instructions before you had your baby?

Before I gave birth to my son, I told my hubby that if anything went wrong during the delivery and the choice had to be made.....chose the baby.

Did anyone else do that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ummm....no it never crossed my mind. i wouldnt want to think of things like that until it was actually happening!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:21 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• we both knew I would be in the OR both times, and I never asked him or told him to choose then. I know that he would do what had to be done if anything happened.
    Anonymous

• That never crossed my mind either, scary thought...
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 11:23 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• My husband is going to be my coach and we will either give birth at home or in a birthing center. ...he will know what to do in any situation.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:52 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I told him to go with the baby after she was born to make sure they didn't give her any shots or eye ointment lol. But I'm not afraid of birth, and I don't plan for problems, since they are so rare. It would do me more good to tell him to make sure the kids are taken care of if I die in a car accident every time I leave the house lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:55 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• I plan for everything because it makes me feel more comfortable, but when I told my husband to choose the baby he flat out told me that he wouldn't/couldn't do that not only for his own selfish reasons but because he wouldn't leave our other children motherless. It is a depressing thought but I want to know that he knows my wishes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• During my csection, hubby had to follow the baby to the nursery during her exam due to hospital policy (until she was banded with a security tag, she had to be with a parent) He was really torn, because I had severe Preeclampsia, my organs were shutting down, and I had stopped breathing many times during the surgery. He joined me in recovery asap. THinking back, that night was probably the longest she spent in the nursery, since she stayed in my room the rest of the week I was there. Since we tried for so long to get her, we both would make the decision to save her before either of us in a heartbeat!
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 12:53 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• We talked about that but I never gave him instrustions. He told me if the doctor told him to choose either me or the baby he would probably say what his grandfather said when his mom was born. "I came in here with both and I'm leaving with both." Needless to say the doctor saved both mother and baby then.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 1:39 AM on Feb. 7, 2010