I have noticed so many moms on here who have lost thier babies

I have been very suprised in reading posts all over cafemom how many grieving moms there are... I am interested in your stories

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Feb. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you mean by miscarriage? I lost a baby when I didn't even know I was pg. I started the morning with cramping that got worse and worse throughout the afternoon. After going through lots of pain, I went to the bathroom thinking I may have to go and I was bleeding and passed it. Afterwards, I knew what happened. I know it was an early miscarriage, but it devastated me as my dh and I were trying for our second child. I still think about it quite alot and that was about 5 yrs ago.
    Anonymous

• I lost one to ectopic. I was 5 1/2 weeks and just kept feeling like something was very wrong. I didn't have any symptoms and I just had a bad feeling. I started spotting, figured I was going to miscarry and just went to bed. I woke up with a HORRIBLE pain in my right side that wouldn't go away. I still thought it was just a miscarriage, and thought that being upright would help. It made me feel like I was going to be sick, so I tried to be quiet and got out of bed, went to the bathroom. While I was hanging over the toilet, waiting to puke my arms went numb. I told myself I was being silly and shook them to try to dispell the sensation, but it just spread through my whole body. I felt like I was DRUNK drunk, and got up to try to get my husband. I yelled for him in the hall and my legs gave out from under me. He called the ambulance and I had emergency surgury 5 hours later.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:50 PM on Feb. 6, 2010

• It's actually way more common than most people think, it's just not something that has been talked about much until recently. Back in the day it was usually hushed up so the mother would "get over it" more quickly. Even now, in real life, it's not a subject that comes up often or one that most people are comfortable with. And I think that with earlier pregnancy tests people who might not have known they were pregnant in the past and would have put an early m/c down to a late, heavy period, now know that they've lost their baby.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:03 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Like PP said they happen often, mostly like mine which was very early like one or two weeks. It would have been etopic, and the Dr. said these kind of miscarraiges happen a lot and that more in like their was something very wrong with the fertilized egg. It was still really difficult because we where also trying for our second and still are.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 12:20 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I have had 5 miscarriages and 1 infant loss. All of my miscarriages were before 8 weeks and they were all unexplained. My dr's did testing but we still don't have an answer as to why it continued to happen. My first pregnancy that went past 8 weeks started out very well. At 31 weeks I was hospitalized with pre-eclampsia, and developed HELLP syndrome and pulmonary edema shortly after being admitted. Even with medication and bed rest I was forced to deliver at 32 weeks due to the HELLP syndrome. My son was born weighing 3lbs 0oz. He was fine and only in an intermediate nursery for the first 7 days. At 7 days old he began his downward slide and was admitted to NICU. We found out his intestines had died because they weren't ready for food. At 9 days old he passed away (after 3 surgeries to try to fix the intestines but there was barely any intestines still alive). This friday (feb 12) would have been his 8th birthday.
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 12:53 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Lost my first baby, who I'd just found out was a girl at 21 wks after my ex beat the crap out of me, putting me int the hospital for the 5th time. I'd already broken up from him, but thought we were at the civil point and had dropped by to pick up some things I'd left off. I should've known better than to trust him but things had been civil and calm the last 5 wks so I met up with him without the cops,got thrown down three flights of cements stairs (think apartments) and lost my baby girl Isabelle and got 4 broken ribs in the mix. Currently I'm happy with my fiancee and am expecting a baby boy. He gets close to being even verbally abusive and I'm out ...I will never lose another baby. And feel partly responsible for losing the first one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Feb. 7, 2010