does anyone else feel the same about the smell of alcohol??

Growing up my father was an alcoholic (now sober). Whenever I smell alcohol, the first thing that pops in my head is a childhood memory of him drinking beer. I don't want my son to have the same memory of my FIL so I try to keep him away from him when he's drinking. Anyone else have the same issue??

Vero0724

Asked by Vero0724 at 12:44 AM on Feb. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• I am the same way, my father would drink every night. He would call us in the room where he was to go and poor him a beer with ice. Now I don't drink nor does my husband so I am glad my kids don't have to be around it. Oh and my father took off a few years ago so he is not around for them to see him either.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 1:45 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I hate beer, any type of it. I'll have a margarita twice a year thats it for alcohol with me
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 1:01 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• No. I don't have any issues with alcohol. But then I've never had anyone close to me be an alcoholic, either. I like the warm mixed drinks, like coffee or hot chocolate with irish cream or kahlua. Or the frozen ones, like daquiris (sp?)
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 2:08 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I don't have any issues with alcohol except that I can't stand the smell. I don't and have never drank for that reason.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:03 AM on Feb. 7, 2010