ex and the cops...(bad laungage) sorry for the misspelled words

we broke up in october and i stopped talking to him the beginnig of november and he would still call everyday and shit.
then in dec it just stopped,
well i found out he was in jail and got on on the 28th of jan.
and he called me a cheater and all this other stuff but how can you cheat when you aint with the person right?
then the other day my ex sent my an e-mail calling me and my 11 month old daughter whores and saying we were gonna be damned to hell and all this other stuff saying he was gonna hang his self and get me put in jail cuz i knew the person who got him put in jail
and so i went to the cops for harssment (sp?)
and they told me you can say what ever you want online now and they cant do shit
untill he say he is gonna harm me or my DD
has anyone else heard of this??????

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 12:51 AM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think the cops think you're talking drama, or you portrayed yourself perhaps to thems as a drama queen or something, 'cause in my state if I showed that to the cops in this state, they'd be tracing an IP address and filing charges for harrasment....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• i had printed off the paper and everything
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 1:03 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Thats weird, and rude of them. Perhaps the things he said they didn't see as "threatening"... I can see why you'd be upset. If I were you I'd call in, and then visit a differernt station in your town then the one you already went to. Like I've about 5 stations in my town...i'd try that, good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Technically, what he's done is not illegal. You should be able to obtain an order of protection (if you're had a physical relationship with him, which I'm assuming you have)... but how long ago the relationship was varies from state to state. Based on what you've said, he's not made any threats to harm you or your daughter, and although the names he called you and your girl are awful, they're not against the law. My recommendation would be for you to block him online, change your phone number if you need to, etc... and if he escalates (makes physical threats against you or your child) call the police immediately. It's important that if you do need to call the police that you remain as calm as you can, slow down, and make sure that you're not hysterical, because you are young, and although young doesn't always equal immature, you don't want to give them any reason to not believe you. I'm really sorry.. keep me posted.
    prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 5:12 AM on Feb. 7, 2010