Do you think most prisoners are repeat offenders?? (asked in another category)

Do you think most prisoners are repeat offenders??
Or do you think their lesson is learned after the first time? Do you think some of the prisoners are falsely accused?? I believe there has been a few men and woman in prison for being falsely accused of a crime that they didnt commit. It bothers me that the men/woman have been exonerated but the time lost is what hurts the most. They cant get that time back :(... Im not saying thay are all falsely accused!!!!

I asked this question because I have a family member who just got out of jail for the 6th time in his life.... His reason for returning back was for the same exact reason each and everytime. Its kinda confusing to me.... Well anyway........ IDK....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think that sometimes they are just set up to fail. What they learn in prison (not to trust, not to show emotion, to react with violence), and how society treats them when they are out are a sure-fire way to get right back in to prison. Sometimes some of them probably just want to go back. They find that they need the structure also. Alot of ex-prisoners cannot even sleep on a soft bed or in the dark because they are used to a hard mattress and lights on at all time.
    peace1234

Answer by peace1234 at 1:44 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Yes, i think they are repeat offenders at least most of the time. My ex ( my sons father has gone to prison 3 times now.) He was released this past August after 4 years and went back in Dec. The first time was for selling drugs and he spent 3 years in prison, the second time was for aggravated assault on a minor and he spent 4 years, this last time was for selling drugs and aggravated assault and his court date us coming up. I honestly don't think he will ever learn, he will probably spend the rest of his life in prison, since he obviously can't function outside of prison, in a "normal" society..

I honestly don't think anything will ever change the way they are. Eventually he will go back to prison it's just a matter of time Good luck..

jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:47 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• http://www.policefoundation.org/pdf/CatchingCareerCriminals.pdf

Here is a link to a Washington report with the words "career criminals" in the tittle. That should answer your question.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:03 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Nobody is set up to fail. You chose the life you want to live by the choices you make. Most of the prisoners are repeat offenders because clearly they chose to make the same mistakes. There are no excuses. Maybe if the judges handed down longer sentences this would not continue to happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• YES.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:03 AM on Feb. 7, 2010