Has anyone ever used cheaptickets.com

I've never heard of them before like I have heard of travelocity and others like it, so I am a little nervous buying from them, but my husband wants me too. Let me know if you have and how your experience was please

cassie_kellison

Asked by cassie_kellison at 1:18 AM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes I used them for my last trip because they were the cheapest. The good part was when I got a cheap ticket. The bad parts- I had to pay for my luggage (ok, so most airlines do this also, but southwest does not), the ticket I got I guess used 2 different airlines (but both run by American airlines?)... which meant that when I got to my next stop I had to go to the ticket counter and see IF they had an available seat for me. Basically I was on standby and didnt even have a ticket, which I did not know. Also, when I booked the ticket I had been drinking a bit, and had made a typo in my last name. Instead of just being able to go back and fix it, I had to call the cheap tickets customer service, speak to some guy who had a heavy accent (I could hardly understand him!), he had to cancel the reservation and was going to charge me a $10 fee to do so!! I complained about that, and he did the cancelation for free, but I did have to
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 1:27 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• go back and make the whole reservation again, which was a pain in the ass. The whole experience was pretty crappy, except for the price. I recommend going directly through the airline if you can, preferrably Southwest because they dont charge for bags and also offer complimentary snacks, which most airlines charge for nowadays. I would only use cheaptickets again as a last resort... and being sober while you book your ticket :)
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 1:29 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I have used Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Farefox, and Priceline. I haven't had any problems with any of them. I haven't used cheaptickets, but I suspect they like the rest. My most favorable experiences have been with Orbitz and Expedia. I have booked flights, hotels, car rentals through them. I have started using, exclusively, Southwest. If they don't fly there, I don't go, and they with book hotels and cars too.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:55 AM on Feb. 7, 2010