Pregnancy Discrimination at work

Okay so i should say that my friend has worked at mcdonalds for years.
She was recently up for a promotion until the past two months when everything went to shit. She found out she was pregnant.
She worked her ass off for them, i mean i haven't seen it first hand but I know she is a very hard worker..
But since she's been pregnant she's about 4 months now, she has had to slow down. She doesn't try to lift the heavy ice things or anything over 20 lbs she's trying to avoid... most things that she's suppose to lift is about 35lbs..
So anyways I guess they have treated her like shit since she told them, and expect her to do all these things that aren't safe for her to do..
She had one wrinkle in her shirt they wanted her to take it off and work in a vest jacket with out a shirt under it.. or go home.. she went home and is now suspended for 3 days because of it.. is this considered something she can fight about or complain about?

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 1:20 AM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• Tell your friend that I was fired from my job them knowing I was pregnant. They picked on me for everything made me do things I wasn't suppose to do and if i didn't do them I would get written up for it. I ended up getting fired from my job had to hire an attorney and won my case. She needs to get a copy of everything that she gets written up for or warnings because it will help her in the end. Good luck to her!
    Danielle
    http://www.momsforahealthyhome.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 2:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• does she have witnesses about the shirt thing- I'd call that sexual harassment in the highest form- so is the fact that they are telling her to lift heavy things that she is not supposed to.
    McDonalds has a bad reputation for this sort of thing- tell her to document it - times, dates anything. I personally wouldn't bother with the labor board or any of that- I'd see about a lawyer!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Does she have a docotrs not about lifting things on file? If not then she would have no leg to stand on. She should get one NOW.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 11:54 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• First of all she should quit, cuz the baby is her #1 priority, McDonalds doesnt' care about the safety of her baby.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 7, 2010