black tooth...

So I saw that my son has a black front tooth, and its just one nothing wrong with any of the other once, I know its not from brushing? what could it be???

miss_nevin

Asked by miss_nevin at 1:28 AM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Is it loose and did it possibly die ?

I got a grey tooth as a child and it turned out because it was loose and had died. Something like that. I never had cavities until adulthood.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 1:30 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• i guess it could be its the whole think not like a caviti or anything... if thats what it is, do i need to take him to a dentis
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 1:40 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• has he fallin and hit his mouth at all cause my dughter did and it killed her tooth and its grey
    irishmama0607

Answer by irishmama0607 at 1:54 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Take him to the dentist. It could be he has an infection, it could the tooth itself died, it could be anything. We don't know. Take him to the dentist.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:59 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Flouride poisening?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• ....fluorosis makes your teeth turn very hard and usually very opaque and white or off white.....never black.

I don't understand how you JUST noticed that his FRONT tooth was black. Don't you see his teeth everyday? Wouldn't you have noticed when it first started happening? I'm not being hateful, i'm just trying to understand how it's possible to overlook something like that. Did it just happen overnight or something?

Of COURSE you should take him to them dentist!
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 2:19 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• it seemed a little yellow at first now its more dark grey, I work nights so i see my kids in the morning, and it happened over like 2 days, just shocked how fast it happened now its like a greyish black color im thinking he hit it... its his front tooth..
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 3:00 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• oh and i am gonna take him to the dentist, but gonna take awhile to get in just wanted to see if someone had this happen before..
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 3:02 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• My daughter fell and hit her front tooth when she was a baby and it turned Grey. Then when she was 3 I took her to the dentist and he said it HAD to come out. That it being Gray was a sign of t being "dead" and it would effect her permanent tooth up in the gums if it stayed in. We had it pulled, and she's 6 now and losing the rest of her teeth. =) I don't regret it, just have the Dentist check it out. =)
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 5:01 AM on Feb. 7, 2010