Still not sleeping please help

Ok my DD is 19 months old, and January 2nd she stopped sleeping through the night. She had been sleeping through the night since about 8 weeks old and now she wakes up at midnight every night and alternates a crying fit and playing for at least 2 to 3 hours then passes out. We don't know what the deal is. At this point if you told me it was ghosts and how to get rid of them I would try it, please please help.

truealaskanmom

Asked by truealaskanmom at 5:59 AM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She is sleeping again yay.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 11:03 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Is she still taking naps during the day? Maybe she needs to stay up more during the day so she'll sleep at night.. also you can set up her room so that its baby proof and so if she does get out of bed and wants to play you won't have to get up with her.. just give her a night light.. our almost 13 month old does that, she'll get up and play with her little kitchen and then yell for us to get up when she is ready..
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 8:26 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• She MIGHT take a nap during the day but it is pretty rare, she has never been a big napper, her room is baby proof she will jump on her bed, beat on the wall and squeal, giggle, yell, talk etc all VERY loud. BTW she doesn't get out of bed she does all of this in her bed, she has a sound spa and night light. I have been told about something called 18 month sleep regression but am not convinced. Even when she gets up early takes a nap, and then goes to bed she just wakes later in the night to do her worst. My DH was on night shift but is back on days thankfully he sleeps through most of her crap, but I on the other hand cannot sleep when she is awake like that it goes against the grain. I am 5 month pregnant and exhausted. I have stopped going down to her because I think it reinforces her behavior, but I am lost as to what else to do, if it is a phase great but I am going nuts.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:55 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Also I am worried that if this continues it will effect the new baby, we have wood floors all through the upstairs so there is very little in sound proofing that is why her voice carries so well at night. I am going to need my own sound spa to drown her out. Also she is pretty lazy and cranky during the day since this started. PLEASE HELP ME!!!
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:58 PM on Feb. 7, 2010