Has anyone been to a Great Wolf Lodge?

Which one?
What did you think of it?
Tell me about your experience, costs, what there was to do, good for what ages?
Thanks

QandA

Asked by QandA at 9:31 AM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Travel

• I have been to 2, the one in WA and the one in TX. My boys are 11 and 12 and my daughter is 5 and they LOVED both of them. The one in TX has more to it because it has an awesome outdoor park with a pool and 2 slides and all that as well as the indoor park where they have the kiddie play area with tons of stuff for little ones, and then the big "clubhouse" play area for all ages, and the wave pool, a bigger pool with basketball and all that for older ones, and a lazy river, and 2 or 3 body slides and tube slides, and the Tornado which is an awesome ride. The one in WA has basically the same thing but they are just now building the outdoor park, and the indoor park does not have the lazy river. They also have a "paw pass" for like $80 that gets you a pair of crocs with 2 jibbitz decorations, a "build a bear" like animal, a free t-shirt your child colors, a free game of MagiQwest (great for preteen boys)...CONT
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:40 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I went to Great Wolf Lodge, WI in 2001. It was paid for by my boss. All 12 of us employees and our families got to go. The rooms are kinda pricey but they are nice. There is something for everyone. A small pool, a bigger pool with slides. A pool for tubing. They also have a big jungle gym type water park. My son LOVED the big bucket of water that dumps out. They have an outdoor waterpark too. We didn't get to try that out, as we went in March and it was still cold outside. I did see a workout room there. I forget what the name of the restaurant was.
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 10:50 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• We went to the one in Washington. We had a great weekend. I think there was something there for all ages, my kids were 4, 2, 1 and they had a special area for little ones. There was really something theere for everyone. Slides for younger and older. The wave pool all the kids would have fun with no matter the age. When it came to our room we stayed in one of the ones with a cave for the littles ones. It was really nice they had bunk beds in there and their own television which was nice for the kids and Daddy to have a different tv to watch. Overall it was really nice. I think we spent somewhere around $400 for the weekend with a discount. They had an evening story time for the kids in the lobby which the kids thought was great. We never ate there so I can offer nothing on the restaurants we just ordered pizza in because we were exhausted. I think it is great time with family and we are planning on going again.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:26 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• been to Kalahri and Castaway bay in Sandusky Oh. Looked inside of great Wolf- I think it would be set for kids under 10 or even less maybe.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:33 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I was at one many years ago to eat but not stay. It was pricey. I can not remember which one though. It believe it was at WI Dells though. Are you looking for a place to go on vacation? I do remember the food we ate there was really good, but pricey!
    momfourboys

Answer by momfourboys at 10:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• and a discount on all other merchandise you purchase there. The breakfast buffet is awesome if you like eating a large breakfast. I can't remember the price of it but it was a great deal. We went off site for lunch because it was just too expensive for food inside. The rooms were great. In the one in TX we stayed in the room that had the little cabin area with bunk beds and a single bed and had cute little animals on the walls and a tv for the kids to watch, and we had a nice queen sized bed and tv for us. There's a lot for kids to do there that doesn't even have to be the water park if they get tired of it. It's an awesome place and my kids are requesting to go back next year.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2010