Horrible nightmares! Anyone else have them?

On and off throughout the first trimester I have had horrible nightmares about losing the baby, having a miscarriage etc... Sometimes they are so bad I jump out of bed and scream. It's making me feel depressed and hopeless, I feel like I am waiting for something bad to happen all the time. Has anyone else experienced this?

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes. It is not uncommon. Try to relax before you go to sleep. Have a bath, read a book, ask DH for a massage.

Answer by M2TandM at 9:44 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Yeah I had that too. They go away eventually, then the happy pregnancy hormones kick in lol....hang in there.

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:07 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I had really bad, weird dreams too. Dreams are really just our brain's way of processing our thoughts, so if you've been worried about the baby during the day you might have bad dreams at night. Plus pregnancy really does make your dreams weirder.

I know how hard it is not to worry, but try to think positively.

Answer by lovepotato at 11:11 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• i have very strange and sometimes scary dreams also! i agree with lovepotato. there are alot of thoughts goin through our minds and they just make their way into our dreams! tell yourself they're just dreams!

Answer by rahrahsmama at 12:07 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• oh definitely! that was one of the worst parts of pregnancy for me - my nightmares got more and more terrifying.

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:00 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• i had some really bad nightmares for about 4-6weeks in the middle more towards the end, your hormone's are so high and low it, that its such a big change in a matter of min. your dreams will be bad and good in 30seconds , i would wake up crying and not even remeber why!

• I had weird dreams too- mostly just unusual, but some scary and a couple were ummm, x rated? One of the best ones I dreamt I was making out with a female friend of ours. I was so afraid to tell her, but was acting weird around her. When I finally told her, she thought it was hysterical!

Answer by musichollie at 5:11 PM on Feb. 7, 2010