Im only 29 weeks pregnant but why has my cervical fluid increased so much in the past two days?

I went into labor at 38 weeks with my first baby but I dont remember loosing a mucus plug or having allot of discharge. I just want to make sure this isnt a sign or anything but its really thick and kind of white in color. Is this normal around this time for fluid to increase?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you have heavy discharge or even if you lose your plug it does not mean you'll go into labor today. If you lose your plug it just means what you already know....that labor is coming. My discharge was heavy towards the end of my pregnancy with DD and I had her at 36w2d. You can always bring it up to your OB and see what they say. More than likely they will say it's because you're pregnant. Duh, like you didn't know that already.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 10:13 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• It could be a yeast or other kind of infection. If it doesn't go away you should get it checked out.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:25 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Both answers are correct. Discharge often does increase as pregnancy progresses. I once even thought my water broke with dd and it was just an increase that kept up until my water really did break. Totally normal. However, if the discharge is very different from the texture you usually have, has a smell (especially if it's fishy or foul in nature), or you have any irritation; I would ask the doctor to test you for bacterial vaginosis and yeast at your next appt. I've had BV throughout this pregnancy, and although they said it wasn't dangerous, most doctors will want to have you treated because there is a very slight chance of pre-term labor. (My doctor assured me...actually SEVERAL doctors assured me that the risk was very slight) Good luck!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 7, 2010