how do u get through when your husband walks out and says he doesnt love u any more and is cheating on u

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• You have 2 choices. 1.) File for divorce before he can, change the locks on the house and take him for everything he's got...even if it in't much.
    2.) Refuse to give him a divorce and make him stay married to you if you are solely commited to making it work.

I did #1 when my son's father did the same thing to me. I had just beat cervical cancer and was told "Don't bet on having kids". 2 months later I am pregnant with Connor. His father was never faithful to me, was abusive and wanted me to kill myself so he would get my truck, my house, etc and move his ex-girlfriend and their child into my home. Every situation is different and you have to assess what it best for you.

You aren't the only woman to go through this and I am sorry your husband is being a bag of douche. However, we as women are faced with choices that are never easy and how we make it through these situations defines us. What does your gut tell you to do?
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 10:10 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I think #1 is a good idea.

Get a good lawyer and file for divorce and custody before he does. Take the money out of the bank. Call the joint credit cards and tell them you lost your purse so he can't use credit cards.

Put really good locks on the house and think of all the ways he might get in and secure those. Get a storage unit and put valuable things he might steal or destroy in there. Take the best car or the car that is paid off. If he has keys get the keys changed.

Now is the time that he might hurt you or try to destroy things so you can't have them. Be careful to protect yourself and don't provoke him. Be reasonable about letting him see the kids.

Good luck. This happens all the time, you are not alone even if it feels like it right now.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:23 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• "Don't let the door hit youintheass on your way out. As soon as you have those divorce papers, I'll have the pen ready."

Why try to make things work if he's saying he doesn't love you anymore? What kind of relationship is that? I say he did you a favor. Keep your head up, Mama! *hugs*
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 10:31 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• he says that now.....and rest assured they always come crawling back....by that time you'll be in a place where you could care less and you can give him the finger!

I would file for divorce and show him who's boss......I don't play very nice.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 11:09 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• In the words of the late, great Teddy Pendergrass "you need to let it go, looks like another love TKO!" Not trying to be funny, but I played that song over and over after my dh cheated on me. Some ppl have different ways to get through it, I listen to sad love songs. Anywho, obviously he doesn't want to be with you anymore. Realize your worth, cut him loose and go find your true prince. Losing love happens to the best of us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Eh...plenty of fish in the sea...you just need to get out there and go swimming, seriously, let him go, try to focus on new possibilities don't look back, we all deserve someone to love us and you will find that if you focus on your future, not Mr. I don't love you anymore, ps. I'm cheating on you..don't even waste your tears Mama!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• As bad as it hurts, you have to realize that it's not all your fault, he's mostley if not all to blame, then you decide if you want to wait till he realizes he made a huge mistake, if not, then go ahead, file the paperwork, and hold your head up knowing that he made the choice to start a relationship with someone else and walk away, not you.

You cry, you get angry and then you find your strength and you move forward with or without him (depending on whether or not you try to work it out).
    Most important... ask him why he turned to someone else, why he's doing what he's doing and even if it hurts, you listen to that so you will know the answer otherwise it's harder to let go in the end.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:28 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• omg im so sorry to hear this all that hurt must be overwhelming,just look up to God for help,theres not much i can say,and btw he is totally ok with you leaving him.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 6:00 PM on Feb. 7, 2010