Test results.........

test results back for a genetic test that I had done after I had my son (16 months). The test was to see if I'm a carrier for a rare genetic disorder that is passed down through women (50/50 chance) and then if she is a carrier she has a 50/50 chance of having a immune deficient son. Meaning, he would have NO immune system to fight off infections, and would have to get infusions every month for the rest of his life. Basically a "boy in a bubble".
We had my son tested and he is perfectly normal. My husband and I had originally planned on having 2 kids but now with the results of my test we feel a little conflicted. We dont even want to risk the chances of trying for a girl and getting a boy and him potentially being immune deficient. But I really want to have another, especially a girl but I don't want to risk the health of a baby for my own selfish needs. I'm at such a loss for words

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Health

• Are you a carrier or not? I don't think I understand.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:48 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Yes I am
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Can you do IVF and have them pick a female sperm out?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Is that possible?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I've heard where they can spin them and they separate.Ask your doctor
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:31 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• Pray. God is in control and has all the power.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:48 PM on Feb. 7, 2010