Is 3 too young to take rollerskating?

If so, whats a good age?

camiam81

Asked by camiam81 at 10:42 AM on Feb. 7, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My kids started ice skating at 3. But it is really young. If he's extremely athletic, give it a try. Maybe 4 would be better?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:46 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• You might call to make sure they have little skates. I think 3 is a good age. I took my little ones everywhere when I did things with my older kids.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:48 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• I don't know about roller skating, but we took DS ice skating last weekend and he had a BLAST! Just don't forget to bring a helmet. While we were at the rink, a kid (maybe 8y/o) fell and cracked her head :( she had to go to the ER.
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 11:17 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• if i remember rite i think they have skates for kids from the brand playschool maybe you should start them out on that first to see how they do!
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 4:50 PM on Feb. 7, 2010

• My son went at 3 and at first was hesitant, but after about an hour got it down. It's worth a try. At least that'll give them exposure to it.
    midnightshadow2

Answer by midnightshadow2 at 7:52 PM on Feb. 7, 2010